Back to Grad Resources
Care and Cleaning of your Herff Jones Class Ring
Class Ring - Care and Cleaning Tips
- Your ring will return to its origional luster if polished wth a good silver cleaner or washed with a mild soap. Finish by buffing with a soft cloth.
- To preserve the beauty and lustre of your ring, clean it with a mild detergent in lukewarm water and then rince. Dry with a soft cloth. Do not use any brush, sharp instruments or rough cloths for cleaning.
- To protect your ring from permanent damage, avoid any contact with mercury or harsh acids. It will be permanently discolored. Be sure to remove your ring before coming into contact with these harmful chemicals.
- To safeguard against breakage or nicks, always remove your ring before engaging in sports or heavy labor. Quality gemstones and precious metals cannot stand abuse of this nature. Treat your ring as you would any fine jewelry. But remember, when you remove your ring, store it carefully and do not leave it unprotected.
- Some persons have a reaction between their skin oils and jewelry, which results in a black colored smudge on their skin. This condition can generally be avoided by cleaning the jewelry more frequently as described above.